Impeller Hub/Motor shaft size question

Bake915

Hello,

I have a 5 HP leeson motor that used to run a large 16" jointer. Id like to use it for my cyclone installation, but it has a 1" shaft I believe. My question is, can I buy a taper bushing with appropriate bore to fit the taper lock that comes installed on the 15" impeller? FYI I'm installing it on the CV1800.

The ClearVue Cyclone blower impellers use a Maska JA Taperlock bushing, part of which is welded to the impeller. You will need to contact CV Customer Support to see if a custom version for a 1" shaft could be made by their fabricator for a nominal fee.

Thanks for responding. Does the CV customer support reply to these threads? I believe the tapered bushings are standardized ( for example JA bushings )and you can buy the appropriate sized bushing in a variety of bore sizes. Hoping someone here has faced a similar scenario and can confirm this. Thanks

One other thing you need to check; make sure the motor cooling is not out towards the front. It needs to be a C face mount with the cooling to the sides.
bababrown

Back