length between cone and lid

pär hansen

Does it has to be a certain length between bottom of the cone and top of the dustbin lid.
I wonder because i have limit space between floor and ceiling and i want as big dustbin i can have.

Pär

As short or as long as works best for your situation. Once the dust exits the cone, it is out of the air stream and gravity takes over. That is somewhat simplified, but is basically how it works. I have the standard 6" of flex there, but it is scrunched up some. I have just enough that when I release the top to my dust bin I can keep the wood lid up off the bin to make it easier to slide it out to dump it. Jim.

Sounds like you got the info you needed but just wanted to reply...

My CV is mounted very high on the wall, about 13'. From the bottom of my CV to the bin is a couple of feet maybe 3'. I can measure if you want. It gives me a little more peace of mind too that I have more of a reservoir for overfill protection in case I need it, also I am less worried about my bag being sucked up high enough to cause any problems, unless of course it tears.
This hasn't happend by the way, and I do not use a bag retainer other than the locking lid itself. Somebody will probably chime in here and say I'm crazy, but I have been using this system this way for over a year and it works great.

Back