LH or RH CV1800 - how decide one or other?

Nick59

Hi all - Am trying to decide if should order LH or RH CV1800 system.

Other than the input being on left/right side of cyclone body, is there a difference in collection efficiency?

Not sure if I'm missing something here - From looking at pictures, it seems that the only difference would be the location of the inlet, which seems to be just moving the input ~24" left or right.

Or does LH/RH control the location of the Cyclone vs Filters?

Poor ascii drawing below, with C=Cyclone, F=Filter, Inlet=I and period (.) character for spacing...

CF Is this LH or RH?
I.

FC Is this LH or RH?
.I

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Last edited:
Nick,
The left hand model uses a little less power than the right hand model so it is more efficient. If you were to look at the cyclone from the inlet side the left hand model has the inlet on the left side whereas the right hand model has the inlet on the right side. If you were to look from the top the air would spin clockwise in the left hand model and counterclockwise in the right hand model. If you mount the cyclone against a wall you would want the left hand model if the input is on the left side; that places the pipe close to the wall. And the opposite if the inlet is on the right. When you install the cyclone, you can orient the filters/ outlet independent of the inlet. I think there may well be interference if you try to align the inlet with the outlet but otherwise they are independent.
bababrown

Back