Longer flex on cyclone bottom?

blhale

Is there a limit to how long the flex hose on the bottom of the cyclone can be? I was able to mount the unit pretty high on the wall and I'd like to extend the flex hose to about 20".

Good? Bad?

TIA
Brian :)

Brian,
Look at the posts "Dust in the filters" in the "Filters" section. The posts suggest longer hoses at the bottom of the cyclone give better performance.
bababrown

Thank you sir, Can't believe I missed that thread!

A separate question for you...... I wound up at your photo gallery and saw the pics of your assistant installing a trash bag in your collection bin using a wire frame to keep the bag open. How has this worked for you? I'd like to copy that concept as the idea of dumping 30 gallons of chips from the bin into a bag seems like a recipe for disaster. Pulling the frame and closing the bag would be bonzer.....

Brian :)

Brian,
My assistant just turned 16; she's a great kid and still calls me baba. The wire frame with trash bag works well for me, especially because I empty the bin outside. I can pull the frame up through the sawdust without creating a mess if I am reasonable careful. A bit of dust does go behind the bag so it is necessary to also empty the can.
bababrown

Back