Maxi/Mini?

Rick Potter

I have two mini's, the original one, and a short barrel one from a couple years back.

I was wondering if you have any plans to mfg. a larger, in between unit that could accept 4" hose and use a 1-2HP impeller. It would be very handy for single tool situations.

I ask, because I have a couple old DC units I would like to use.

Rick Potter

I have two mini's, the original one, and a short barrel one from a couple years back.

I was wondering if you have any plans to mfg. a larger, in between unit that could accept 4" hose and use a 1-2HP impeller. It would be very handy for single tool situations.

I ask, because I have a couple old DC units I would like to use.

Rick Potter

I was thinking that myself. I have a 2HP ~1200 cfm unit that no one wants to buy. Some guys have placed the fan on top of the super dust deputy. This would be an awesome improvisation.

Don Burch

i wonder if there has been any further development with this.
all those old 1 and 2hp dust bag extractors, with 4" lines that could be hooked up into a cyclone unit

Not on my part. Believe it or not, my shop vac connected to an original mini can keep up to everything I throw at it coming off of my 16" spiral head planer. So well, that for most jobs it is my go to. The one downside - It fills a 20 litre pail pretty fast. For big jobs I still use the CV, but I am leaning towards a larger waste bin and dismantling the CV1800 all together.

Back