Mini CV06 discharge @ 90 degrees?

Samurai Dave

All of the designs I have seen so far show the dust collection bin directly under the cyclone.

Does the inlet need to be dead center on the lid of the collection bin, or can it be off-center?

How long can a connector tube be from the bottom of the cyclone to the collection bin?

Could this connector tube be a 90 degree smooth sweep (not a sharp 90) elbow instead of a straight tube? Allowing the cyclone to remain upright, but discharging into the side of the collection bin.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.:)

Dave,

No, the Mini doesn't have to be dead center on your bin. Depending on the dimensions and where you place the Mini relative to the bin, you might find it useful to add some sort of little diverter plate, though. The debris the Mini separates falls by simple gravity into the bin, so if you have a wide, short bin with the Mini to one end, it may pile up in that end and thus the bin will need to be emptied more frequently.

Connector tube between Mini and bin can be of most any length, for just gravity transports the dust and chips. I suppose the limit would be what you can easily reach and clean out should something jam. For example, I managed to vacuum up some "squiggles" made from drilling aluminum that didn't make it past the Mini's bottom outlet and just sort of hung there until I reached in and cleaned them out.

Don't think I'd use a 90 and go into the side of the bin. I think it would just magnify any potential to clog up. There shouldn't be any airflow to transport debris into the bin, or distribute it within the bin. If you do get airflow, then you have a leak in your bin, lid, or extension, and the airflow will move up and out the top of the Mini, moving the debris in the wrong direction and into your vac.

Regards,

DWD

Using a 90 degee turn on mini

Using a 90 degee turn on mini

I don't think that a 90 degree sweep is going to work very well with the mini in the upright position but if you were to lay the mini down and then use the sweep it would work but not sure about how well.

Matt

Back