mini works good: minor directions suggestions

Canoe2

Greetings,

The mini arrived yesterday and was put to work today. Situation, small workshop, it will be used for general cleaning and attachment to specific tools (router, table saw, etc). Powered by a small 2 hp Craftsman shop vac, seems to pull dust and small light objects ok.

Congrats on providing a kit that came across as precision made and had all the parts. A couple of suggestions for the instruction sheet;

# After carving the foam to fit per directions, I attached foam to the bucket and shopvac using double backed carpet tape. Could also have used adhesive backed velcro for easier disassembly. The bolts seemed like they might warp or break the plastic bucket or shop vac.

#Bolt installation. Juggling 6 bolts did not work. Ended up fixing two opposite in place with tape on the heads, set the various layers in place, then added the remaining four bolts, spacers, washers and nuts.

# As many have done, I made a small dolly of 3/4 ply, 1x2 rails and cheap casters. It moves much better than the original shop vac. The rails, along with spacer blocks, keep the bucket and shop vac horizontally in place. May also add bungees over the top.

#Empty the shop vac "before" attaching the bucket. Yes, you guessed it....

Good product, glad I have it. Best regards from WA State.

Last edited:
mini update

mini update

Had a project that filled the bucket 3/4+ with sawdust and router chips. Without the mini, would have had to empty the shop vac at least three times. Carefully cleaning the HEPA filter is always a headache.

Conclusion here; I am more likely to hook up the vacuum to shop tools, keeping things overall more dust free, because of less hassle in emptying and cleaning the shop vac.

Good product, keep up the good work!

p.s. attaching the foam blocks with double sided tape works. Its possible to separate bucket and shop vac easily and they realign with no problem on the dolly.

Last edited:
Back