Minimum distance between wall and motor housing needed

expo123

I am considering purchasing a CV-1800. Problem is that I have a LOT of obstructions in this space from HVAC ducting and exhaust ducting from the furnace and the hot water heater. Additionally, most of my WW equipment is located near the garage door which restricts the effective ceiling height to 7ft and makes ducting drops more challenging.

I am wondering if I can mount a mount a CV-1800 between one of the garage door tracks and the wall. The clearance I have in this space is only about 15.5". I would not need the entire cyclone body to fit in this space, only the motor body itself. So I am looking to find what the minimum clearance I need (yellow dimension in the attached picture).

Thanks in advance
andy

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
I have seen pictures with the unit mounted this way. The back of the motor mount was on the wall facing the door, not the wall the door was on. But It should work either way. I don't have the exact measurement because I didn't use a factory mount, I built my own and it is not attached to a wall. But If you have 20" from the wall to the garage door, then you know the cyclone body will fit so there shouldn't be an issue with fitting the motor in. If that is not the case, then my best suggestion, if someone doesn't chime in here with real world measurements, is to call the office. If they don't have them at hand, I'd bet they'd go measure one and report back to you!! If all else fails, rip the garage door out and wall off the opening...garage doors just get in the way of overhead lighting anyway!! ;):D Jim.

Back