Mobile Cart for Clear Vue

T

Thanh Rodke

Howdy from Texas!

Don't know if I am the latest winner, but I just purchased a Clear Vue Cyclone from Ed Morgano.

My new shop will be in a steel frame metal building. It will have 3/4" OSB wood walls that will be plenty strong, but I am worried about creating resonance in the steel outside walls. When we get strong winds, the skin can resonate something fierce...(yes, I need to find it and get that stopped!)

I was thinking of building a large 'cart' to suppot the cyclone and filters. I have not read actual specifications, but I assume that a 2'Wx4'Lx8'H cart would suffice. For stability reason, I could increase it to 3x4 or 3x5.

Basically I would be building a large box from 2x4 lumber. This would also give me the ability to wall the box, and insulate the inside for sound control.

I am interested in hearing about anyone's near zero vibration mounting as well...something maybe with springs and soft rubber mounts.

Has anyone done this? What are everyones thoughts? Am I overkilling here? How much does the entire assembly weigh, with two Wynn filters?

Thanks,
Thanh Rodke

Thanh,
You are really working tward a "closet" for your cyclone. That is a good idea. Severa people have put their's in a closet. If you insulate it (see our photo gallery) like I did on my installation it will really be quiet. Our cyclone comes with a hanging bracket that has rubber vibration dampers. They work quite well. The whole assembly weighs about 105 - 110 lbs. Hope this helps.

Ed

Thanks for the info.

I think for now it might live inside on this 'mobile' cart, then get moved outside whenever we get a shed roof and concrete floor installed on the back of our new steel building (maybe next year).

I'll port the exhaust back in to prevent A/C and heat loss.

Back