Model 1660 for Mini Conversion Lid

c8ceo1

I have a Ridgid 16600 (has the removable blower) that must be the predecessor to the 1665. I want to buy the conversion lid and put it on it. From all the pictures it appears it will work. Is anyone familiar with the earlier models?

Is that 1660 or 16600? I was on the RIDGID forum and someone there posted that small changes in the number i.e. 1660 to 1665 to 1670 would indicate minor changes while larger changes would be indicated by going from a 1600 series to a 1800 series. So, I would say that if you have a 1660 it would have the same blower and canister diameter which are the only two things needed for the lid to fit.

Ed

Thanks for the reply Ed. The model number under the motor is listed as 16600. I would think it is considered a 1660. Possibly when the 1665 and subsequent models were manufactured they could have dropped the extra digit, but maybe everyone is just shorthanding it to 4 digits. Anyway, it appears to be exactly like the pictures in the gallery and product sheet. I have ordered it betting on the fit.
My shop is only 17 x 14, but I have many machines. I would like to fit a 14" cyclone in there, but its a tight fit. My plan is use this mini, and wear a dust mask until I see how well it works. I should probably wear the mask regardless.

Back