motor needs lubrication?!

mreza123

I have had my CV for about 5-6 years in hobby shop use. I've noticed that when the system is winding down (motor is turned off) there is a squeaky noise when the impeller is rotating; it must be the motor. Does it need lubrication? where and how exactly?

TIA

Tia,
No, it does not need lubrication. The motor uses a starting circuit that is disabled by a centrifugal switch when the motor gets up to speed. When you switch it off and the motor slows down enough the "clutch" drops out and reenables the starting circuit. You are hearing the fork on the switch rubbing up against the centrifugal clutch. It is a normal noise and you do not need to worry about it.
bababrown

thanks for the info.
I'm curious then why is that I don't hear the same noise from other motors on my other machines with capac. start? Even rotating the impeller by hand I can hear that noise while rotating any other motor I don't hear anything typically.

Some of mine are quite noisy while others are not. I think some use a bearing on which the switch fork rides and that may make the difference.
bababrown

Back