New & looking for deminsions of CV1800 cyclone, blower and two filters

TomTaylor

:cool:I have a small limited space workshop in my basement with 84 1/2 inches of head room. I want to add a CV1800 to take up the mimimum wall space and fit the filters under a basement window. :)Catherine at Clear Vue e-mailed me the Low Ceiling Height Information.pdf and this is basically the way I need to do it. I need to fill in some dimension for the width and how I might drop the filters to the floor, there is the basement window. The left of these would go the blower then the cyclone with the inlet coming out a a right angle from the wall. Then I need to deminsion a bare minimum sound enclosure. There is a lot of reorganization happening to get my CV1800 to an outside block wall. The .pdf file from ClearVue has heights but there width deminsion details left out.
I am getting a lot of great information from you all reading through the forum and Bill Pentz's great website. I hope you can help.
Tom

Attachments

• CV1800.JPG
    CV1800.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Low Ceiling Height Information UPDATED.pdf
    245.7 KB · Views: 2
Tom,
Go to the Clear Vue web site and click on the CV-1800. Then click on the CV-1800 left hand with filters. On that page you can see two view icons with "print" and "view full size" printed below. There are dimensions for the standard unit on those figures. Welcome aboard and good luck with your install. By the way my granddad was named Tom Taylor.
bababrown

Getting closer

Getting closer

Bababrown, Tom Taylor was my Great Uncle Tom's name, a cotton farmer from Texas. I am named after him.
DeAnn Hammond gave me a link but the cyclone and what cylinder deminsion I would use are not there to build a hanger. Would I use Bill Pentz drawing to get in the ball park?
I am curious about the transition and clean out box? The pdf says 16x34 but the filters are 30 some inches high by 12.75. Boxes are boxes are boxes. HxDxL no?
Could be I am asking too much as I multitask my other chores. I will hunt about a bit after seeing to my mom's needs who is starting down the dementia trail of not remembering.
Tom

Tom,

In addition to the drawings that Bababrown mentioned, you should also download the CV1800/CVMax Assembly Instructions and you'll find the dimensions for the blower hanger. The dimensions given for the transition box for the filters you cite is about right (a pair of filters siide by side needs about 34 inches with the box ends and 16 inches of side clearance -- I'd make the box at least 12 inches high to allow for air to get to the tops of the filters from the blower. The Blower is 24 inches wide and the intake to the cyclone can be rotated so it is in the direction you prefer (if it comes straight out, it is tangent to the diameter of the 18" upper cylinder of the cyclone). The cleanout boxes are small and as you said, they are just boxes. A key thing in planning is that it must all be airtight.

Hope this helps.

Catching on

Catching on

All,
I see 16 twice is 32 plus an extra two inches 34, filters side by side. It all is coming together. I have seen the instructions but will look carefully again with this in mind. I have made a field trip to the big box supply house to see what an 8" 90 takes up and turning the motor blower should be no big deal. Then I hang the cyclone, now sure it is 18" in diameter, as high as I can, position the blower, 24" for the blower to feed, upside down, into the transition box, 34" wide, with filter cleanout box on the ground drawing from the cyclone through the 8" top feeding ducting.
I am just trying to draw this all up as a rough drawing to see the floor space it would take up and how access would go. Could be one large bottom panel could serve as the bin and filter access with baffeling to help with air circulation and access or two center opening doors to give access.
Tom

Hi Tom,
I am currently wrestling with exactly the same situation as you are, so I appreciate being able to learn from the questions you're asking. One of the things I noticed on Catherine's very helpful drawings is that it looks like they have just cut and pasted the blower and mounting brackets upside down in the drawing. (I don't think they would mount the shelf under the brackets otherwise.) What I am wondering about is whether we need to make any change in the way the threaded rods and shock mounts are used to support the blower. Instead of suspending the motor, they now need supoprt it (and the rest of the motor and impeller housing).

I'm assuming that this isn't a problem, but want to make sure before I get too deep into this.

thanks,
Peter

Hi

Hi

Peter,
I decided there was a lot of cut and paste done to give ideas.
I for one will shock mount the rods that hang the weight off the motor and blower. I am most likely going to use a Dorman-Help Shock asorber/sway Bar Bushing from Advance Auto parts. I may use two steel 1X2 u channels to support the cyclone next to the blower. I also have some 1X1 steel tube I may use and put the same s Dorman Bushings under sandwiched with the hangar that come with. My kit is on order. I will get 3/4 MDF and make the transition and cleanout boxes but more in front of the blower than along side. I will make the transition box with t nuts and use threaded knobs to attach it and make feet on HDPE to slide and carry the weight of the transition box filters and cleanout boxes.
I am in real space saving mode here. Just cleared industrial strength steel storage shelve off, I have two, and it will go up on Craig’s List for $150.00 The wife just found a two shelf lighter weight version for $300.00 This has three and it has mass and scrap value of $150.00 New this thing was a fortune.
Oh well PM me and we can put our heads together of talk on the phone. I just call on my cell phone.
Tom

Back