Performance hit for changing intake system

jens53

I am in the process of installing my brand spanking new CV-Max. On the intake side of the cyclone there is an 11" rectangular section that gets screwed onto the cyclone and then a transition from rectangular to 8" round gets added to that followed by the pipe system. I am using 6" pipe so I will be replacing the ClearVue supplied transition from rectangular to 8" round with a rectangular to 6" round transition.
There is a fair bit of shaking going on during spool up and shutting down so I need to insert a section of flexible hose for isolation. (3phase motor with a single to 3 phase converter)

Due to space constrains, if I use the ClearVue supplied 11" rectangular extension from the cyclone, I will actually have to turn the ducting away from the cyclone, then make a 180 degree turn and go back to the cyclone. Alternatively, I can drop the 11" extension and use a much more direct route from the ducting to the cyclone.

The question here is what is better .... use the 11" extension but having to insert extra pipe and a number of bends or not use the 11" extension but go much more direct ?

Thoughts ?

A different question if I may - the cyclone hangs off the mounting plate with 4 1/4" allthread rods with a number of nuts. Do I need to check these nuts regularly ? Do people find that these things loosen with vibration? As mentioned above, there is significant shaking going on during startup and shutdown and I am a bit concerned with the way things are suspended with lots of flexibility in the setup and the resulting shaking.

you need to use the 11" extension for the cyclone to work as intended, try to stay away from as many tight turns as possible. check the nuts every once in a while but they should be fine. the 5 hp motor takes a bit to power on so there will be some movement in the unit buts thats fine, that is why there is rubber spacers between the brackets it helps keep the vibration to a minimum

Back