Piping

I bought 6" S&D D2729 PVC pipe at McRey Distributors, Inc. at 1201 Boiling Springs Rd. in Spartanburg, SC (phone 864-582-8106) a few years ago for about $15 per 10' length. I'd suggest you check with major plumbing suppliers or irrigation suppliers.

Pays to Grab the Yellow Pages

Pays to Grab the Yellow Pages

Fastnaught,

Can't speak directly to Columbia, I'm closer to HHI. But when I was looking, I got prices from 4 or 5 plumbing supply houses in the area. Ferguson's had 20' sticks, and lots of them, and for a competitive price per foot. But that would have given me a problem getting them home. So I settled on 10' sticks.

When first priced, a local house (Cregger's) was cheapest. But when 9 months later and I was ready to buy, surprise, surprise, the local outlet of HD Supply was cheapest.

Fittings I got at Lowe's, and they also carry the 10' sticks at our local. Varies, though, some do, some don't carry the sticks. Their prices, however, were a bit high for the sticks.

The only downside is my batch from HD Supply came from their larger yard in Savannah, and I didn't get to pick the pieces. The ones that they got to the Bluffton outlet were somewhat beat up and dirty. But with some elbow grease and some Formula 409, they cleaned up OK. Not pristine, but OK.

A rather long winded way to reiterate what Rob (McRabbet) said, I admit.

Regards,
DWD

Back