Remote signal issues

bensonortho

I completed my ClearVue install several weeks ago and have run across several small problems. First, the lid of the metal garbage can collapsed and broke the seal the first time it was turned on. I made a custom lid from 3/4 MDF, a short piece of 6" PVC, silicone, and weather strip. Seems to be working great.

Second, I have gone in to the shop twice and the cyclone was running, how long? I have no idea. I am 100% sure it was turned off before I left. I am guessing that another wireless source has activated the remote switch. I used the remote setup from ACE that ED suggests. I changed the code, but has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks,

Gary Benson

ps- Is it normal for the colletion can to lift off the ground given the flexibility of the flex hose at the bottom of the cyclone?

Last edited:
Are you running your cyclone through a contactor? 120 volt trigger? If so, wire in a light switch on the wire going to the trigger and it can be your master off switch. Even if the remote piece triggers, the power won't get to the contactor to turn on the cyclone. I set mine up this way, just don't have the remote, and may not get one. I use the light switch as my on/off switch. Jim
ps: as to your ps, yes, I understand that that is normal. Partially filled with saw dust it probably won't do it. My 55 gallon barrel is heavy enough that it doesn't do this.

Gary,

This happened to me once. My wife went out to my shop one morning and the dust collector was on. I unplugged the 120V remote for a few days, just to prevent another accidental turn-on. After that, I plugged it back in, and I haven't had any false starts since then (going on 4 months now).

Like you, I was certain that the cyclone was off when I was last around it.

I chalked my incident up to a cosmic ray (or a stray signal from somewhere). Since it only happened the one time, I didn't take the time to figure out exactly what was causing it. (With a single stray occurrence, it can be hard or impossible to figure out anyway.)

Thanks for the responses. For now, I have plugged the remote module into my lighting circuit, so when I leave the shop and turn out the lights, the
DC can not be turned on. I may still re-wire with a pull chain switch and ditch the wireless entirely.

Gary

I just completed installation of my new ClearVue and I am experiencing the same problem described in earlier posts about the cyclone turning on unintentionally. Unfortunately my problem seems to be worse as it happens every time I use it. It will turn on then turn off several times. I am not aware of anyone in the area using a device that might be triggering my remote control, although a signal must be coming from somewhere. As a work-around I am unplugging the 110v plug to disable the remote. I would like a permanent solution so I am not running to my dust collection closet before and after the use of a machine. Anyone have any suggestions?

Frequency conflicts are rare, but they do happen! Please give our Customer Service a call at 888-299-0221, ext 1... we'll get you taken care of!

Back