Setting Up My New Shop

blhale

Hey All

Just starting to set up my new shop and decided to trade my 2 HP single stage collector for a ClearVue cyclone and there’s several questions I hope you folks can answer. The shop is 30’x40’ and the ceiling tapers from 5’6” to 16’ high so height isn’t much of a concern and it looks like I can run the ducting straight out of the cyclone in a straight line along a support beam approximately 26’ long with(2) 9’ drops. Each drop will split into 3 lines, 2 dedicated and one that I’ll swap between a few of the lesser used machines that don’t warrant a fixed line.
One drop will go to the table saw and router table with a flex I can swap to the re-saw band saw and 6”x80” belt sander and these will be closest to the cyclone. The other drop (22' away) will deal with a 15” planer and 12” jointer with the flex going to the small band saw and drill press.
1. I’m a one man show so I’ll be needing dust collection at just one machine at a time so the CV1800 with all 6” ducting appears to be the logical choice however, for a small fee ($250) I can go to the CVMax for greater CFM/FPM through the ducting. What I’m having a tuff time determining is the cost difference between 6” and 8” pipe. Suggestions on which way to go?
2. For the CV1800, is 6” duct from cyclone to machine the way to go or should I up-size the main to 8"?
3. Drum size suggestions? I like the idea of using disposable bags in the drum to facilitate eaiser cleaning so perhaps 35 gal? Is it possible to have a bag in the drum or will it get sucked up?
4. What is a good way to vent outside and what size vent should I be looking for? Perhaps just moving an exhaust hose from filter to vent?
5. Can the inlet be positioned perpendicular to the wall the cyclone is mounted to? This would give me a straight run into the main duct. I’m assuming this is an optimal position?
I'm sure more questions will arise as I continue to wade through Bill Pentz's site and I finalize the shop setup....

TIA!
Brian :)

Attachments

• New shop layout North.jpg
    New shop layout North.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 0
  • New shop layout South.jpg
    New shop layout South.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 0
New Shop

New Shop

Howdy
I just joined the forum and just stumbled on your post. I have about the same size shop 35 X 40. But not quite as much equipment yet. I am looking at the CV1800 but so far I can't determine what size to get. CV makes a 15" and a 16" with the same size motor. It would be great getting some input on your post as well as this one.:)

Back