slight wobble on the impeller

Roadkill401

Now that I have the motor running I can see there is a slight wobble on the impeller. I have taken the unit up to speed and there doesn't seem to be any vibration on the unit.

Should it be dead laser right on accurate? I'd hate to try pulling everything apart as I have only just finished siliconing all the parts together. I'd hate to have to pull it all apart to try and remove the impeller and re-assemble it upside down.

In my install to get the clearance, the motor is mounted up high in the ceiling space, and it was a b!tch to get it up there.

That said, if it is supposed to be running perfect, then I don't want to risk breaking something by not fixing it first.

The impeller is fine. It is balanced for the continuous running speed. The way the impeller is made is that the disc gets laser cut which heats the metal and causes the round plate to distort when it cools. We press it back to flat then weld the fins on. It is balanced before shipping and is normal to see it slightly wobble as it is slows down to stop. If it wobbles at running speed, I would be cautious to make sure it was properly installed.

I saw the same thing after mounting the impeller to the motor a little less than 1/8" up & down variation while rotating the impeller/motor combo. I disassembled the motor to impeller combo & reassembled with the same results using the same step torquing process, same results.

WTF, so I installed it & ran the system = no vibration.

:D:D

Back