Sop-Vac filter on steroids.

Le Castor

Since my sop-vac is essentially used as an empty vessel. I decided to stack 2 HEPA filter together. That way the suction is constant all the time.

In any case, it work’s great!

Attachments

• filtre1.jpg
    filtre1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
That's Great! I am glad it's working well for you. Just remember not to overflow your bucket!!

Matt

Thank’s !

I’ll bee keeping a eye on the bucket… Darn should have made a clear one as Miser Vath did for his mini cyclone J

clear bucket

clear bucket

We had purchased some of these a couple years back and work well with the mini's......depending on your vacuum it will collapse if hose is closed. A ring on the outside would prevent it if it proves necessary. You may have to try and get an order up as they may require you to purchase more than one. It's a thought anyway.

Matt

Another neat idea that a couple of guys did that gives you a little time is to add a section of clear pipe between mini and bucket. Galleries can be seen here and here. I am sure you already looked at those but it's another way of protecting those nice filters you added to your shopvac.

Last edited:
DWD,

The format for Matt's trick is simple, once you know it. I'm substituting { and } for [ and ] so the code doesn't get changed: {url=http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones.com/v/Mini+CV06/album08/Shop_Pictures_006.jpg.html}here{/url}. Any text after the first closed bracket get shown as the link; be sure to finish with the {/url} part. Again, use square brackets.

So, with the square brackets, the above line of code turns into: here

Hope this helps...

Neat trick

Neat trick

Thanks, Rob, I'll have to try it at the next opportunity.

BTW, how's your shoulder?

Regards,

DWD

Also when typing a reply you just highlight a word then click on insert link from the edit menu up above(blue sphere with chain link) and then paste address into the box that comes up.

I have to redo mine like jason did or something similar.

Matt

Thanks, Rob, I'll have to try it at the next opportunity.

BTW, how's your shoulder?

Regards,

DWD
Thanks for asking, shoulder is coming along very well. But I still can't get back into my shop as my wife just had major surgery a week ago (Neck C3/C4 vertebrae laminectomy) and I'm staying pretty close to her until she's back on her feet.

Rob

Surgeries

Surgeries

Good to hear your shoulder's healing. Sorry to hear of your wife's need for the procedure.

Regards,

DWD

Hosed

Hosed

Doug,

Matt can confirm, but it looks in his photo to be the standard Shop Vac branded stuff, or similar, you can get at the Big Box stores, Lowe's, HD, maybe even Wal-Mart. Speaking for myself, and looking at the photo of my Mini in action, here, the hose from the planer to the Mini's input was a 10' Shop Vac brand from Lowe's. The right angle pieces came from Shopsmith with some of their vac adapters (don't know if you can get one from them by itself, and haven't seen them elsewhere). The older looking hose was I think the original that came with the old Craftsman vac, and has since been replaced as after this photo was taken I found several holes along its length, worn out. I replaced it with the hose that came with the Fein Turbo III.

Regards,
DWD

2 1/4 Hose

2 1/4 Hose

Yes it's the standard stuff from lowes or HD. I am sure sears and the like carry it also.

Matt

Back