Standard table saw setup

Drosner

ive been reading Bill Pentz backwards and forwards and about to redo my DC setup. I’ve got a grizzly 1023 table saw that has a 4 inch port that has a 2” inside that connects to the bottom of the blade. I’m looking to get a shark overhead dust guard and use 4” pickup on top of the blade. My mains are all 6” and I’m about to upgrade to then CV1800 - so I should have plenty of power. I usually run only a single machine at a time.

heres my question...do I branch off of 6” main with a 4” for the overhead and then reduce to 4”at the table saw port? Or....should I be trying to make my port larger and go 6” into the cabinet?.

Put the Shark Guard on and a 4" to the cabinet. If there is dust accumulating in the cabinet then try something else, like open the port, add another et cetera.

Pete

You won't really gain anything by enlarging the port on the cabinet to 6" if it reduces to 2" at the blade. Two 4" ports is *almost* equal to one 6" port! I have a similar setup on my TS; 4" port that reduces on the inside to a 2" blade shroud and a 4" overhead Shark guard. I find that the majority of the DC is provided by the overhead guard, ie. the cabinet port doesn't add much.

Back