Taper lock bushing, what are specific details, Ive lost mine!

Jon Marrow

Hello from Darwin, Australia. I bought a second hand CV1800 system from someone that had one a while but never installed it, it has then sat in my shed uninstalled for another year or so, coming to install now and can't find the taper lock bushing/coupler. Not sure if I lost it or it was never there, but feel a little silly. An industrial bearing and motor supplier in town said they have heaps of different taper locks. Does anyone know the exact details of the taper lock for the CV1800? There is no supplier anymore in Australia.
Thanks in advance
Jon Marrow

Mine came with a Baldor Dodge 120342 Taperlock bushing to fit a 1 1/8" motor shaft. I remember reading in the dust collection area on your WoodWork Forums that the CV dealers sourced the motors there so they probably have a metric shaft. Your motor supplier might be able to source one with the info in one of these links.

Before doing that I think you should contact CV here and ask what they supplied with the systems they shipped them to the Aussie dealer. They might have used and entirely different metric taper lock and welded hub.

Pete

I'll add that you should look up the instructions on fitting the taper lock with respect to the torquing of the bolts that hold it together.

Back