Tightening the taperlock bolts

jsspelb

I'm in the process of installing my shiny new CV18. I *think* that I've done everything right. However, I don't have, nor do I have access to a torque wrench. I used an allan wrench, and went round and round until everything is as tight as I can make it with a standard L shaped allan wrench. I have no idea what 5 ft/lb feels like. How critical is this? Have I over-tightened? Am I in danger of having my impeller fly free and eat my cyclone?

Tightening the taperlock bolts

That's exactly what I did. 5 ft. lbs torque is not very much but I doubt if you have excedded it by much with just a standard allen wrench. I would think your safe from flying impellers based on the fact that ours is still going.
Good Luck

Tightening Taper lock

Tightening Taper lock

Hi,

That's fine! You will feel them bottom out as you go around and when they are all bottomed out you should be good. On a 4 inch long allen wrench you will be putting about 15 lbs pull on it. If you break the bolts you went to far!!:eek: Also make sure you have the bolts in the hole on the bushing and tapped holes in the impeller. Sounds like you have it right though.

Matt

Back