Upstate SC Supplier close to Western NC

McRabbet

Senior Forum Member
I recently ordered a CV1800 :) and need to upgrade my PVC ductwork to 6". As others have found, it can be a challenge to find 6" S&D (ASTM D2729) pipe and fittings. We've found that some Lowe's stores carry several fittings (6"x6"x6" and 6"x6"x4" wyes; couplings; 22-1/2 and 45 degree elbows and 6"x4" reducers at my local Lowe's in Hendersonville, NC), but they don't carry pipe or the 90 degree sweep elbows that I could only find at McMaster-Carr for more than $28 :mad: . Thanks to a tip from a fellow woodworker, I found good prices for pipe and sweep elbows at McRey Distributors, Inc. at 1201 Boiling Springs Rd. in Spartanburg, SC (phone 864-582-8106).

I bought 10-foot lengths of pipe for $15.50 per length, 6"x6"x6" wyes for $16.89 each, 6"x6"x4" wyes for $15.17 each and 6" sweep 90's for $15.34 each. Very nice folks and well worth the 45 mile drive each way to get a good price!

Rob Payne (McRabbet Woodworks)

Thank you for putting this information up for everyone. I know it can be a challange for everyone to find fittings and pipe at a reasonable price and those are pretty good prices. Also Marion Davis in Easley Sc also has good prices.

Matt

Back