Wiring two devices to the output side of the relay

JJohnston

I'm installing a fan in my collector shed, above where the motor will be, to help move cooling air. I'd like it to be rigged so it runs with the cyclone motor. It's 110, and I've got a separate circuit to power it. How would I wire it to the relay so it (the relay) turns both on/off together? Does the relay have more than one set of output terminals?

I'm not sure how to do that safely, since there is no neutral in the 220 line, only 2 hots and a ground. Is your relay triggered by 110 volt? If so, tap on there. The relay uses very little amperage, so a fan shouldn't create any problem for the wiring. And what ever you use to trigger the cyclone on with, wall switch or remote, should turn the fan on also. I use a wall switch that operates a duplex plug. My contactor plugs into that to trigger it, and I plan to use the other side for a fan for the motor one of these days. Jim.

I don't have a relay yet, so I don't know how it works. However, it'll be the one that comes with the Clearvue; I just ordered the 1800 LH package and it'll be here on Monday. If it is triggered by 110V, does that mean I can wire the fan to the input side? Or maybe switch it directly with the remote (as in, fan wired in parallel with the input side of the relay)? How do the remote and relay interact, anyway? Is the remote receiver 110V?

OK, I got smart and just found the remote manufacturer's website and looked at the instructions. It's a simple matter to control both fan and relay with the remote.

Last edited:
Just make sure the remote will handle the amperage of the fan. I don't think the relay needs much at all to stay energized. Jim

Back