To Stack or not to Stack

WOW that's crazy!! Who added that? LOLOLOL I guess it happened with the last forum upgrade!! Anyway that's cool and is/was what i wanted 3 years ago!! Will Have to check into an import but first have to figure out what that is!!

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,
I can tell you that I didn't add that. I'm glad that I could point that out. It was easy to do but to get the right sequence, you have to load the pictures starting fom the last one. And it's good to see that neither me or DWD need neew glasses.

Gallery Registration Update

Gallery Registration Update

Probably also accounts for why I haven't seen any Gallery New User Registrations that usually hit my mailbox, Matt.

Was the email I sent clear enough?

Well, I wouldn't go that far, Dan. These glasses do seem to get more and more foggy as the years go by, even though I get my eyeballs cleaned and rotated annually.

Regards,
DWD

vBulletin Photo Gallery

vBulletin Photo Gallery

You already know this, Dan. I tried, just for drill, creating my own album here in vBulletin. Photos have to go in backwards from how you want them displayed (newest upload is presented at the top). You can add a caption, change the title, both for each photo and for the album as a whole. You can make the album public or private, and delete it, but those appear to be the only options.

Thus I don't think it would replace the gallery, as there's just so much more you can do with the stand alone. Assuming we (meaning Matt, of course) fix(es) the new registration problem.

Think its a corporate decision, Matt. Having the gallery imbedded in vBulletin would be much easier to maintain, might lower storage costs, and would simplify your home page. But with some loss in detail, user friendliness, I think.

Regards,
DWD

Fixed?

Fixed?

Dan,

Matt just emailed me, said he updated the registration plugin. Said it didn't appear to have worked but I started poking around.

True enough, from the main page it doesn't appear there's a way to register. However, if you click the blue "Login" on the top right of the screen, when the next page loads there's a "Register" button in the same place, and that takes you to the registration page.

I'm trying to see if there's a way to get that button to the main page, no joy as yet. And when I log out, the main page's login spot at the top left doesn't recognize my userid and pw. Closing the browser and reopening seems to work. Don't know if that's a function of my being an admin or not.

About to call it quits for the evening myself but will try some more for a little while. Would be interested to hear if you were able to register, but should get a confirming email anyway. As should you when you're registered.

After that, log in again, then go to the "default location..." sub album, and page over until you find the one with your name or userid. Have at it, but I'd just test a couple of photos or so at first, see if all's working as it should.

Sorry for the confusion and problems.

Regards,
DWD

PS: Think I fixed it. Edited the caption for the main gallery page, and by doing so, it seems to have refreshed the system so the "register" button now appears, top right.
DWD

Last edited:
May have fixed it

May have fixed it

Dan,

I edited my previous post but will reiterate here. Think I fixed the main gallery page. I edited the caption on the main gallery page, and by doing so, it seems the rest of the display page updated itself, and the "Register" button now appears at the top right.

Hope it works for you tomorrow. I'm about done this eve myself.

Regards,
DWD

can't login to gallery

can't login to gallery

DWD,

My login attempt to the gallery has failed but the gallery has added my nane to the bottom of the default location so I'm making some progress.
I filled in the registration for the gallery and received the conformation email, clicked the link to complete the registration which took me to the gallery login page. Attempted to login but the login failed ‘due to multiple attempts’, I thought that may have been from my previous tries to login yesterday using the same id and pass but the system shouldn’t have recognized me since I was not registered then. I clicked the ‘recover password ‘and the instructions say a conformation will be emailed with a URL that I must visit to set a new password. The email did not have a temporary password to use and the URL in the email takes me back to the gallery login page (update: The email was a welcome to the gallery note and says nothing about changing the password.). I attempted to login again using my original id and password and got the same failed message, clicked the recover password again but did not receive an email.
At least this shows I am not going insane by doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results since I didn’t get a second email. I tried going back to the registration page and put in a new password but get the message ‘the id, Danscyclone, already exist’.
So the problem now looks like I need to enter a new password but I am unable to do that.
Thanks,

Last edited:
gallery login successful

gallery login successful

DWD,

Disregard my last reply. I just attempted to a login to the gallery again and received the failed attempt note then requested to have the password reset and it was successful this time. Reset password, logged in and was presented with the page to add photos. I will attempt that later today.
Thanks very much to you and Matt for all the help on this.:)

Whew!

Whew!

Glad I logged into the forum first! I got the email saying your gallery ID was created, then the one from the forum where you said you still couldn't get on. Was all about to reset your pw, send you a private email, and ask you to try again. Thought I'd double check if you'd tried again and updated the post. Which I see you did.

Glad you're finally in business on the gallery! Again, sorry it took me so long to grasp what you were trying to tell me. Crossed fingers it continues to work as it should!

Regards,
DWD

So back to the filters...

When stacking the filters side x side, does the top need to be capped off? It seems in some pictures that the filter is clamped down to the clean out box but the top is left open. From my understanding it is to be a totally sealed system with the air only able to exit through the filters.

R & D, is this what you did as well or is yours sealed off on the top?

Many Thanks!

Crafted, I'd say this thread got off track but I did get my albums into the gallery. You would want to have the filters capped off . I don't know if you have your filters but I used the Wynn Enviromental 9L300BL that are open on both ends and on thier site they show a 9E300Bl that is closed on one end.

My setup

My setup

Crafted,

I am the guy that has the horizontal filter setup in a filterbox.
Here is the reason:
Donaldson told me that the filters are designed to be used so the air flows from the outside to the inside. (in my case)There is a very special fine mesh that gives the filter the 0,5micron capability. It is not on the inside.
The horizontal setup was choosen because it was easy to make. all square. No special divider for the airflow to split the air between the two filters. Also it is very easy to clean from the inside with airhose through the outlets on the side (remove the overbags first). Once the lid is off the box is very handy to clean the whole thing and the dust collects at the bottom of the box.
The multiplex for the box I used is the waterfoof type (it is called 'concrete multiplex' in Belgium and is waterproof on the outside), because it is very smooth and will not hold any fine dust and the surface will not add to the back pressure.
The overbages are a real bonus in my situation. Appart from keeping the bigger chips out of the filters the fine dust collects on top of the overbag and can be vacumed all around by just turning the filters. It is very easy to check the state of the filters: if the overbag is no longer white or worst case completly covered in dust (brown) it is time for a quick vacuum.
One more thing: I did not want to put a bend at the end of the blower because, from the information I found, you should have a least 3 impeller lengths of straight outlet for a better performance = less backpressure.

Would I change anything?
Perhaps one day I might turn the box 90° to add extra lenght for a mufler or some other configuration to dampen the sound even more.

Just my 2 cents

Erik

Overbags and exhaust ducting before elbow

Overbags and exhaust ducting before elbow

Crafted,

I am the guy that has the horizontal filter setup in a filterbox.
The overbages are a real bonus in my situation. Appart from keeping the bigger chips out of the filters the fine dust collects on top of the overbag and can be vacumed all around by just turning the filters. It is very easy to check the state of the filters: if the overbag is no longer white or worst case completly covered in dust (brown) it is time for a quick vacuum.
One more thing: I did not want to put a bend at the end of the blower because, from the information I found, you should have a least 3 impeller lengths of straight outlet for a better performance = less backpressure.
Erik

Erik,
I had also read that the straight run on the exhaust is important - Cincinnati Fan recommend that a straight duct equal to 4X the wheel diameter be installed before any elbow.
http://www.cincinnatifan.com/catalogs/EngData-203-internet.pdf

Do you have a part number or specification on the Donaldson Overbags?

Thanks

Don

Last edited:
Donaldson overbags

Donaldson overbags

Don,

Small typo, yes it is 4x, Sorry
The Donaldson partnr is 262-2099. They are too big for my filters but they can be shortned to fit the diameter of the filters.
I have no idea what they would cost in USA.
If you cannot find them I have a few left over that I can send you.

Erik

Last edited:
Donaldson Overbags

Donaldson Overbags

Erik,
Thanks. That was fast! I'll look for them here as we have some pretty good filter distributors.

Don

Back