To Stack or not to Stack

Hey Erik,

I'm thinking of building an filter box like the one you have. I'm quite tired of having to clean my filters out from the inside... perhaps I should stop over-flowing things... details!

Question for you is did you do anything special on the inside of your cabinet to direct the air to the filters or is it essentially a box that allows air to find its own way to the filters?

The knob you have on the top end of the filters hanging outside the box, is that more just to hold the filter straight or to be able to turn it? I would think if the end of the filter is sealed off then you could just build support on the inside to hold the filter? And then just cut the right diameter for the outlet part of the filter right and the rubber gasket should seal it correctly?

Thanks!

Jason

Jason,

You can see the inside of the top of my box in my galley pictures (picture RIMG0056-2), the inlet is on the left.
I added the two 'knobs' as a way to push the filters against the side to make the rubber fit tighter to the side. When I loosen the threaded knob it is very easy to take the filter out and as I found in use easy to turn the filters to clean the outside.
What helped me a lot was the addition of the extra screens on the outside of the filter specially when you have an overflow
I hope this helps.

Erik
http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones.com/v/CV1800+and+CVMax/Erik_Gent/RIMG0056-2.jpg.html

Back